· Reconciliation of depot delivery accuracy and retailer debit note / claims process, using retailer individual portals and systems.
· Effective communication with all departments, working closely with Sales & Dispatch to link all their processes with accounts.
· Purchase ledger ensuring all purchase invoices and necessary credit notes are processed in a timely manner and purchase requisitions are authorised.
· Petty cash & bank including day to day posting of transactions and weekly & monthly reconciliations.
· Invoice finance daily notifications, allocation of transactions and monthly reconciliations.
· Sales ledger, allocation of payments and dealing with customer account queries.
· Credit control, including setting up new customer accounts, evaluating customer credit information.
· Purchase ledger ensuring all purchase invoices and necessary credit notes are processed and authorised in a timely manner.
· Upkeep of invoice filing system and ensuring best practice.
· Reconcile purchase ledger statements.
· General all-round office work, helping out where possible.
Key Skills & Experience:
· Previous experience in an accounts role essential.
· Attention to detail.
· Excellent numeracy skills.
· Good organisational and time management skills.
· Ability to work logically and systematically.
· Good communication skills, both oral and written.
· Analytical and good at problem solving.
· Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and use own initiative.
· Strong IT skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Sage Line 50 are essential.
· Commercial awareness and a sound understanding of financial systems, procedures and processes.
· Willingness to take the initiative and develop solutions.
· Flexible and adaptable work approach.
· Professional in nature & attitude.
· General all-round office skills.
· Actively assist the company by demonstrating a willingness to grow with the company.
· Demonstrate commitment to your work, your team and the business.
· Show enthusiasm, determination and positivity, encourage the same in others.
· Experience of working in the food or other FMCG industry would be an advantage but not essential.
· Accountancy qualification advantageous but not essential.
· Able to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
· Knowledge of export and working with other currencies would be an advantage.
· Knowledge of EDI ordering systems would be an advantage.
Salary- Dependant on experience
Hours of work– 40 hours per week
Location– Bury, Greater Manchester