On Tuesday 3rd May 2022 we were visited by the BRCGS (Brand Reputation through Compliance of Global Standards) - an unannounced audit which was carried out over two full days. The BRCGS Food Safety standard is the leading Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) accreditation.
The BRCGS grading scales are used throughout our supply chain and reflect our quality food hygiene practices and processes throughout our manufacturing facility. The standards are extremely high and are scrutinised in all areas of the business where food safety could be compromised.
The grading scales are as follows:
AA is the highest with Uncertified being the lowest. An unannounced audit will have a '+' after the grade, for example, AA+.
· AA grade = no more than 5 minors.
· A = between 5 and 10 minors.
· B = 11 to 16 minors, or 1 major and up to 10 minors.
· C = 17 to 24 minors, or 1 major and up to 16 minors, or 2 majors and up to 10 minors.
· D = between 25 and 30 minors, or 1 major and up to 24 minors, or 2 majors and up to 16 minors.
· Uncertified grade = 1 or more critical, 31 or more minors, 1 major and 25 or more minors, 2 majors and 17 or more minors, or 3 or more majors.
Debbie Pierce, Managing Director had this to say; "A fantastic achievement once again from everyone here at the company, we do set our standards at the highest level and this shows with our consistent high BRCGS results. The work we do to maintain these standards is the driving force behind why the business & brand continue to grow from strength to strength."
Share this job with a friend: